Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Building a Balcony Greenhouse

Greenhousers and polytunnelers are sharing. 💕 The rest of us are following and dreaming! ☀️
FlatFarmer

Building a Balcony Greenhouse

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:25 pm

I've started building a small greenhouse. I will use it as an indoor greenhouse now but it's really more of a balcony greenhouse. I hope to be able to move it outdoors eventually but my current balcony is to small and I don't have a garden yet so I will have it indoors for my chilli and tomato plants. I was insipired by the mini greenhouse post on this forum. The construction photos was very helpful to me. Maybe I can inspire someone else with my little greenhouse. :-) I am very proud of it so far.

The greenhouse:

This is how the greenhouse looks in my living room:

Some construction photos:

I will order glass for the sides, the back, the roof and the shelves. I started to prepare the shelves today:

Will do the painting as soon as I have time and can share the updates later. Hope you like it! :-)

FlatFarmer

Re: Building a Balcony Greenhouse

Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Better late than never. ;-) I have finally started painting the balcony greenhouse. I had a hard time deciding on the color. Either black, grey or white. Finally decided to go for white. 

Next step is to order glass for the sides, roof and back.
FlatFarmer

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Balcony Greenhouse has finally moved outside. And it's painted. I still have not found the time to add the back or the glass sides, but it's working fine during the summer anyway and still gives the plants a protected spot. I hope to add the sides and roof before autumn comes.

Ava R.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Cool!
emrosee

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:53 pm

I love this.
How have you gone in the last 6 months? Added the back and sides? haha.
I would love to build my own greenhouse, because I can't find one that suits my needs, but this is perfect.
FlatFarmer

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Uhmmm.. Image I have not added the glass yet.. I added plastic as a temporary solution and have kind of not prioritized to fix it in a more permanent way... I will do it eventually. Image

Very glad you love it! Image Will you start to build you'r own?

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
emrosee

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

FlatFarmer wrote:Uhmmm.. Image I have not added the glass yet.. I added plastic as a temporary solution and have kind of not prioritized to fix it in a more permanent way... I will do it eventually. Image

Very glad you love it! Image Will you start to build you'r own?

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
:lol: well that's still a good "temporary" solution! heh heh.
I would love to build my own, just a matter of finding space to do the actual building! This is a great reference, maybe I could building a smaller version. Thanks for posting your build, I love it when people share their knowledge and creations - very helpful.