Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Building my own raised beds

We love to garden in Raised Beds. If you do too 👉 This is the section for you! 👌
FlatFarmer

Building my own raised beds

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 am

I've been planning to make my own raised beds for a while and I have got a lot of tips and ideas here. And hmm...i'm sorry Sanna that I'm copying your color, but on the link you sent me the brown color are better looking than the red one... And it matches my brown brick house better...

The raised beds were easy to make and it took me about a day. i still have some work left to do like finding enough soil to fill them up.. not to keen on buying soil so i will try to move around what i already have in my garden. I have one larger raised bed and one small where i think i will put my tomatoes.

Almost forgot to put the plastic on the sides but remembered last minute.

Pictures:

bluebutterfly123

Re: Building my own raised beds

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:38 am

Very nice! Do you have a sloping back? I've seen some yards that slope.. And they have grow beds look like stairs.. One row below the next.. Very nest way of dealing with otherwise unusable space

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

FlatFarmer

Fri May 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Yes it slopes quite much! Beds like stairs would be very nice. I see that everyone seems to be expanding the number of raised beds every year and maybe i will also! Image

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
FlatFarmer

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 pm

I'm very very happy that I decided to make the grow beds! I now have carrots, beetroot and onions growing here. I plan to build one more grow bed soon and grow garlic for next season.

I have a few buckets with potatoes. Does not look like much but I picked a few from this bucket for dinner today and they taste very good.

Return to “Raised Bed Gardening”