Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Growing chilli in window box

Oh yeah! Hangout for Chilli Lovers! 🌶 Beginners and pros in a lovely mix!
CindSein

Growing chilli in window box

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 am

Hi friends,
I have indoor plants at home. The main reason for growing indoor plants is that they reduce the carbon dioxide levels and keeps the air temperatures down. They also give a cool atmosphere.

I'm planning on renovating my house, focusing more on kitchen remodeling. I would like to install garden windows in my kitchen so that I will get a clear view of the outdoors. I would like to get ideas on what types of garden doors will look good for a kitchen. I'm planning on growing short plants in my kitchen. Which plants will be good for that purpose?

All the windows have got window boxes. Since we don't have enough area outside the house, I would like to grow some pepper and chilli inside the window boxes. What are the steps to be followed while growing pepper and chilli in the window box? Do share your valuable thoughts and ideas.

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Growing chilli in window box

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 pm

What a nice project to plan and look forward to! I would plan for big sliding doors if I had the space. It's so nice to be able to have the doors wide open during the summer, and just walk between the kitchen and the kitchen garden.

When it comes to growing chilli in window boxes I'm sure that will be fine. I would add some chicken manure pellets to the soil at transplant, to give them enough nutrients to live through the season. Is the window box placed outdoors? In that case make sure it's not to windy.
CindSein

Re: Growing chilli in window box

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:14 am

Thank you, Sanna, for sharing your ideas.
The window boxes are placed outdoors. So as you said, the chilli placed inside it must be taken care otherwise it will be affected by the wind.