Tray is ready.. bottom half filled with regular Planting Soil, top layer is Sowing Compost. (If you want to see more details on how to Step-by-step start the Chilli Seeds - check out this topic from last season: Growing Chillies from Seed.)
I'm only starting half of the amount of Chilli Plants that could fit in this tray. For the first time ever I'm (so far) practicing "less is more".. Let's hope that I don't suddenly feel the urge to fill the rest of the positions..
New varieties this season
- Tobago Seasoning (Habanero)
- Granada Seasoning (Habanero)
- Jamaican Hot Chocolate (Habanero)
- Dorset Zinger
Except of the varieties listed above I started:
- Some left over Chilli Seeds from previous years
- Jalapeno and Hungarian Hot Wax as a part of my Floating vs. Non Floating Seeds experiment
- A traditional Red Habanero to be able to join the Habanero Competition that our fellow forum user Ava R. just kicked off. (Check it out and join for fun!)
- Moroccan Chilli that I got by mail from a Norwegian fellow Chilli Grower
So here is all of them:
Plastic lid was added and they were placed under Grow Lights. Looking forward to watch them sprout and plan to update this topic as they grow.