Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

growing marijuana in winter?

🌱🌿 Sharings and questions on Herbs and Herb Gardens
Koldobika

growing marijuana in winter?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:05 pm

I was just wondering, if it's a stupid or good idea to start growing marijuana strain like this http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/white-lavender/ in forests nearby my hometown now..Autumn is coming and the plants won't be ready to harvest for 100% sure before winter comes... But will they survive the winter and start growing in spring? I probably won't be around in springtime when i usually would put out the seedlings in the forest.. what do you think?
Thanks for your input!

CindSein

Re: growing marijuana in winter?

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:31 am

Actually what are the benefits of Marijuana? Is marijuana and cannabis the same?
AndrejVoorhees

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

I've been struggling on starting my first marijuana plant I have no idea that planting would be this complicated, a lot of things to consider. I'm trying to grow this https://www.gyo.green/dinafem-critical- ... k-f.html.I decided to grow my own just for personal use and it's been very effective on treating my chronic back pai
Treadstone

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:11 pm

I wouldn't grow cannabis anywhere where you don't have access to check on your plant daily, or routinely. (Cannabis, by the way is the female marijuana plant; hemp is usually the name that refers to the male plant). Odds are that your plant will not survive the winter to grow in spring, for a couple reasons.
First, cannabis is an annual plant, meaning that it grows, flowers, seeds, then dies to never return.. Unless you take cuttings (clones) from your plant while it is still in its vegetative state, or you plant a new seed.
Second, your cannabis plant relies heavily on the light cycle to determine how it will grow. Long days of good bright spring/summer sun will allow your cannabis to flourish in its vegetative state, provided it has ample access to water and proper nutrients. Once the long summer days begin to dwindle and grow shorter, and the light becomes less intense, will your cannabis begin to move into its flowering phase (the flower, or bud, is the product you want).
So beginning your cannabis grow in the autumn will cause you to have plants that have barely been allowed to veg and grow, and they will be forced into early flower, resulting in a less potent plant with much less yield.

All in all, I would only grow cannabis in an environment where you have total control over the growing conditions. I.e. indoor growing under a light. That way you can control how long your plant stays in veg, making it as big or little as you want, and you won't have to worry about someone stumbling across your crop and stealing your hard work, or pesky porkers (depending on where you live/grow).

Hope this helped!