Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Hanging Basket Cucumber Hopeline

👉 hangout for all other veggies. What do you grow and how do you grow them? 🥕
Sanna
Site Admin

Hanging Basket Cucumber Hopeline

Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:16 pm

Since I built the Pergola, I have new possibilities to extend my hanging Vegetable Garden. I was looking for Hanging Basket Plants, and fell in love with this Hanging Basket Cucumber - Hopeline F1.

This is how i Grow them from Seeds.

Beautiful Picture on the Seed Envelope. Good start! ;)

I start the seeds in my 'Pluggbox'. Each Seed was placed in one of the 'pluggs', about 2 cm into the Soil. 

I covered the Seeds with Soil, watered, put the Plastic Lid on and waited for the Sprouts. They Sprouted quite fast and I transplanted them to a 9x9 cm Pot when they were about this size:

They were growing a bit faster than I expected and I moved them outdoors when they were about this size:

I made 3 more of my homemade grow buckets (see post on Super Simple Grow Buckets DIY) and moved one Plant into each Grow Bucket and moved them outdoors to the Pergola (see post on Building a Pergola)

This is how the Plants progressed. 

Small Cucumbers are coming:

Cucumbers growing and more Flowers coming:

Almost ready to pick:

This Cucumber needs to be picked at 10 cm and my 3 first Cucumbers were ready to pick within a few weeks. They have been good producers so far and I will for sure grow them again next year!

Ava R.

Re: Hanging Basket Cucumber Hopeline

Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:14 pm

Wow! Nice post, good luck with the pergola!

Return to “Growing Other Vegetables”