Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Installing automatic watering (Hydromat) in my polytunnel

Greenhousers and polytunnelers are sharing. 💕 The rest of us are following and dreaming! ☀️
Sanna
Site Admin

Installing automatic watering (Hydromat) in my polytunnel

Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 pm

So.. since I'm the lazy gardener.. I need automatic watering. Also in my greenhouse.

I choose the Hydromat watering system. Main reasons for choosing this one:
- Enough capacity for my polytunnel
- Water gets the right temperature (my outdoor watering uses cold water, this watering system will be warmed by the greenhouse indoor temperature before it's distributed to the plants)
- Possibility to add liquid nutrients if I want to do that later in the season
- Affordable (also after buying the greenhouse..)
- Good recommendations

I have this watering in my Greenhouse. Se this topic for more information about the greenhouse: My Polytunnel Greenhouse

Boxing:

Back picture describes how it's to be set up:

Not so many pictures in the instruction, but there is a really good Youtube movie on how to install the system, so check that out before installing. Here are some pics from my installation:

nige

Re: Installing automatic watering (Hydromat) in my polytunnel

Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm

This is a new product?
Is it a drip type or flow? How does it work? This looks interesting and might be something I would be interested in. Please let me know how it helps, or hinders your crop
Thanks
Nige
Sanna
Site Admin

Fri May 19, 2017 7:44 pm

nige wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm
This is a new product?
Is it a drip type or flow? How does it work? This looks interesting and might be something I would be interested in. Please let me know how it helps, or hinders your crop
Thanks
Nige

I think it's an old product @nige . I've seen people describing having their system for 10+ years. I also found this Youtube video with quite detailed information on the system, https://youtu.be/f9wwLIw_-9k . It's a drip system. The amount of water that drips is decided by how fast the water reservoir is refilled. Pretty smart construction.
HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 pm

I agree!

Posted with Growerflow mobile app