Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Move Tomato Plants indoors

🍅 We love to grow Tomatoes! Outdoors, indoors, in containers, upside down 🙃 and any other way.
Sanna
Site Admin

Move Tomato Plants indoors

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:24 pm

When it got colder outside, I decided to do an experiment and move my Tomato Plants indoors. I simply moved one of my mini green houses indoors, and added a grow light. I',m convinced that they would have done just as fine without the mini green house. It was just a nice way for me to frame them in the room.

The plants adjusted just fine, and the tomatoes turned red and beautifully. The ones not fully grown made it to perfect cherry tomatoes. Some tomato plants looked a bit tired before I decided to move the tomatoes indoors, so for those plants I decided to pick the tomatoes of and let them mature on the window sill. 

Ingela

Re: Move Tomato Plants indoors

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Do you still get tomatoes indoors?
Sanna
Site Admin

Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Not anymore. All the tomatoes are harvested, and I've 3 new Tomato Plants coming up. :)
billyborden423

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:40 pm

The tomatoes plant are looking so nutritious.
Phyllisburke

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 am

I must say the collection of tomatoes are really very nice. Tomatoes are the fun growing plant which also attracts many pests like bugs, rats, ants. One thing one can save the tomato plants is to identify whether the garden is surrounded by any insect, and if you found so, don't immediately run to bring any local insecticides spray. Call or hire a professional pest control sacramento who will identify what kind of pests are they and will use some techniques to get rid of them to make your garden healthy.