Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Not quite what I expected

🍅 We love to grow Tomatoes! Outdoors, indoors, in containers, upside down 🙃 and any other way.
nige

Not quite what I expected

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:17 pm

SUPRIZE
The attempt to increase ANTHOCYANIN in my tomatoes is still going on, they seem a little slow, but they are growing.
The plants in my smallest greenhouse, the ones I was thinking would be the answer, are not. Those plants are producing something I have NEVER seen before, a brownish bodied tomato with a "gold" top........
Taste, not too sharp but with just a grain or two of salt the flavor comes roaring through.
I have attached a shot, any idea about a name?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

nige

Re: Not quite what I expected

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Forgot to add
Slightly thicker skin, resists cracking, about 3-4 ounces per tomato, grows in a small bunch, and seems to resist heat and sun scald? We have endured 100+ f. Temps this week so within the greenhouse was really hot, and no cracking still waiting for those planted outside to fully develop.
As for my peppers, rather not talk about the unsightly brown soft stuff on met Italian sweet, my bell, question is, what bell, lots of good foliage, no fruit, the hot beasties that I have no idea what they are....doing fine..
I take what the good Lord gives..
Nige

Return to “Growing Tomatoes”