Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

The Earth laughs in flowers

🌸 Flower sharings!
Raez

The Earth laughs in flowers

Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 am

This thread is for all the flower lovers. Here's a space to share your favorite flowers growing in your garden. The pictures don't have to be current, but please identify the flower's name, variety, and any growing tips that you may have - so that we may grow our own :)
Image source

Raez

Re: The Earth laughs in flowers

Tue May 30, 2017 11:24 am

I tend to like hardy, easy to grow flowers that some may even consider as weeds. Here's a few pictures of my favorites taken today.

Clematis 'Pink Princess' (Atragene Group) Dainty and low-maintenance.

Euphorbia Polychroma I love these pretty little ombré clusters of yellow and green in the spring, then orangey red in the fall. It readily self-seeds and grows as a weed in my garden, but they're one of my favorites.

Aquilegia vulgaris Another lovely weed in my garden. I have a mixture of local wild Columbines that have cross pollinated with each other that's resulted in a few lovely types. This light blue one and a light pink one (that has't yet fully bloomed) is one of my favorites.
bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 pm

I would love to add some here.. But not too many are blooming here yet.. Lol.. All the best bloomers still have time to come.. I've these guys..

Forget- me- nots..dont remember planting them.. But I guess they didn't want me to forget I did.. LolImage

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sanna
Site Admin

Tue May 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Raez wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 11:24 am
I tend to like hardy, easy to grow flowers that some may even consider as weeds. Here's a few pictures of my favorites taken today.

Beautiful! Lovely pictures!
Raez

Wed May 31, 2017 8:59 am

bluebutterfly123 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 pm
I would love to add some here.. But not too many are blooming here yet.. Lol.. All the best bloomers still have time to come.. I've these guys..

Forget- me- nots..dont remember planting them.. But I guess they didn't want me to forget I did.. Lol
Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
I love forget-me-nots! They're so low maintenance and provide a sprinkling of blue in unexpected places (at least in my garden) :)
Raez

Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 am

Pictures from today.

Syringa vulgaris (common lilac) How I love the smell of lilacs! I think I'll make myself a small bouquet and hope for not so many bugs crawling out of them :)

Lupinus The lovely pink one is growing in between rocks. I grew them near that area 3 years ago, but they keep coming back.

Aquilegia More Granny's Bonnets growing in unexpected places. I never have the heart to remove them.

Return to “Flowers”