Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Grafting Peppers

Oh yeah! Hangout for Chilli Lovers! 🌶 Beginners and pros in a lovely mix!
Ava R.

Grafting Peppers

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:17 am

ImageImage

The first grafted plant is the top from the larger plant. The second grafted plant was a large jalapeno plant with the top from picture one.

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Ava R.

Re: Grafting Peppers

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:18 am

Instead of using expensive grafting tape or tree cit sealer I used clingwrap. (From my kitchen)

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
Sanna
Site Admin

Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:44 am

Very interesting! Hope it's working - keep us posted! :)
Ava R.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:18 pm

In those pictures they looked a bit thirsty. I watered both plants and they are taking in the water normally. I placed the bag around the graft to help control the humidity. Grafts need a lot of humidity to be able to take. I plan to replant the second jalapeno plant as soon as the graft begins to grow its leaves back. After the replant I will take the first jalapeno grafted plant and put it on the second plant. I will repeat like this until I have no more jalapeno plants. Just one large Jalapeno bush.
bluebutterfly123

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:34 pm

What a neat idea! How are the plants coming along now? I wonder if the paper tape would work just as well?I'm thinking those crafty funky designed paper tapes...

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Growing Chilli”