Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

When do I pick my lemons?

Yup, this is a section for Fruit & Berries! 🍒
Ingela

When do I pick my lemons?

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:34 am

I have a small lemon tree. It lives inside during the winter. It has many beautiful lemons. Can I pick them now? Or when is the best time to pick them? How do I know when they are ready? 

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Ava R.

Re: When do I pick my lemons?

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 pm

I always pick my lemons when they are fully yellow and a bit soft when you squeeze them.  I usually put them in water, or use them just the way they are. How do you eat yours?
Ingela

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:53 am

Thank you for the answer! I have never picked lemons before. ImageThis is my first lemon tree.

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
Ava R.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Same here. I have had it since last summer. It has grown a lot! I am trying to grow it in a smaller space so I am trying the french art of growing fruit trees.
bluebutterfly123

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:25 am

Lol you are very lucky you are no where near me.. You wouldn't have a lemon left to pick if you were I love eating lemons with salt and pepper.. And just looking at your tree has my mouth watering.. Lol..

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Ava R.

Tue May 30, 2017 12:41 am

I didn't take my lemon tree in, in the winter. Now it looks like the leaves are falling off and turning yellow. I am NOT overwatering the plant (confuses me) so I don't think its water related. Do I need to take it inside to recover? Should I take it in in winter? I love lemons but there are none on it this year!! HELP!

Return to “Growing Fruit and Berries”