Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Anthocyanin content

🍅 We love to grow Tomatoes! Outdoors, indoors, in containers, upside down 🙃 and any other way.
nige

Anthocyanin content

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:52 pm

First, I need to correct something I noted in a previous submission.
The current highest Anthocyanin containing tomato IS indigo Rose. Monsanto has been developing a GMO tomato that looks like and can be passed as Indigo Rose. The difference, is evident in the purple stems. I have been told that Monsanto tomato is very green, no purple evident in the stems and branches.
So, if you want a high Anthocyanin tomato that is on the market at present, get your Indigo now and keep your seeds, they will reproduce true.
As for LYCOPENE, this is also a beneficial chemical that is produced through the exposure to the sun and has been linked to the lightening of depression and Cancer almond with other health benefits...
Thank you for your time.
nigeImage

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Anthocyanin content

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Great news for me! I have already ordered Indigo Rose Seeds for this season! :)

Ava R.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:46 am

where did you order the seeds from? I want to grow them too!
nige

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Try
Tomatogrowers.com. Almost 60 pages of different types of tomatoes, no GMO's..
Their phone # 1888 478 7333

Ava R.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:42 pm

Thanks!
nige

Sat May 13, 2017 12:03 am

Ok
Call me crazy,
I am building a LARGE greenhouse, 16x22 feet and just over 9 feet at one end, the other end is about 7 foot, so a 2 foot drop totally out of pallets... So far this is what I gotImage all scrap wood from demolitions and building site dumpsters. So far $15.00 in screws But, (there's that word again), the roof will cost about $250.00 in clear corrugated sheets and the 6mil plastic about $65.00. The plan is to expand the season a total of 45-55 days planting early and harvesting late.
My wife thinks I am crazy sometimes i agree with her......
IMG_3675.JPG

Sanna
Site Admin

Sat May 13, 2017 7:53 am

Great project! I love the way you reuse pallets and other material. I'm sure it will look pretty and be very functional! Is it for tomatoes only?
nige

Sun May 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Tomatoes are my thing, I planted 100 and still had plenty to give away, I am still trying to cross to increase ANTHOCYANIN contact so that occupies plenty of my time, remember I have a Reasurch botanist staying with me, since eating the ANTHOCYANIN tomatoes his stage 4 lymphatic, non hodkins has gone into remission, he received treatment but he is now body building, biking and hiking and had both knees replaced all since October last year. He is also eating raw veggies and anything veggies with RED LEAVES, or fruit, black berries, grapes, cabbage ect.
But, back to the matter at hand, there are also 20 pepper plants in the 18'x10' glass greenhouse, it was 80f today, that particular house had temps around 100f. So the fans kicked on..
There are beans, strawberries, 3 (red) asparagus beds, mint, basil red garlic, sage, red Swiss chard and other red cabbage, greens grapes and blackberries...

As soon as he and I can figure it all out we will possibly be publishing our results..stay tuned, if possible I want to put our findings on this page...... But right now all I can do is answer questions...
My home e mail address is [email protected] I check that every day
nige
nige

Sun May 14, 2017 11:30 pm

A little whimsy.....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.66 KiB) Viewed 28 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (14.14 KiB) Viewed 28 times
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.86 KiB) Viewed 28 times
image.jpg
nige

Sun May 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Ok,
ALL VEGIES TO BE EATEN RAW IF POSSIBLE OR JUICED

Views of the asparagus
she who tolerates my crazy ideas, (she also has a degree in biology
Douglas, the resurcher in his favorite red shirt,
Tomatoes, (one of the crosses)
My best 3 year old helper, fist meeting with the worm who turns?
And yours truly before and after.....
Sanna
Site Admin

Thu May 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Wow, the red asparagus looks pretty! And 100 tomato plants. You will have loads of tomatoes! Nice to follow your project!