Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics


Hi new from Canada lol

🌵Share and discuss anything House Plant related here.
silvertonebetty
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi new from Canada lol

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:07 pm

So I got this plant a while back I think it's called a pilea peperomioides Image. It's the second time I split it the little ones were growing all around in the little brown tea pot . My question is how long till my plant fern blooms like this in the second photo Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


User avatar
Ava R.
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:11 am

Welcome to Growerflow! I would look up the species' maturity, if that helps. Im not so sure what the plant is because I am only growing fruits, vegetables, legumes, and succulents. If you have any questions on any fruit or vegetables feel free and shoot me a PM. 
silvertonebetty
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:16 am

Ava R. wrote:Welcome to Growerflow! I would look up the species' maturity, if that helps. Im not so sure what the plant is because I am only growing fruits, vegetables, legumes, and succulents. If you have any questions on any fruit or vegetables feel free and shoot me a PM. 
Thanks I shall


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sanna
Site Admin
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:57 am

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:24 am

silvertonebetty wrote:So I got this plant a while back I think it's called a pilea peperomioides...
Hi and welcome to Growerflow! I think you might be our first Canadian user. :) 
I mostly grow vegetables aswell, but I do actually have one of these plants. I'm from Sweden and the name translates to "Elephant Ear" in our language. I got it from a friend and I know that she has new baby plants popping up in her pots all the time. I've not had that yet (think that my plant still might be to small..?) I don't know about flowering. My plant has yellow/white spots, do you know why that is? I figure that it might be due to too much light or maybe overwatering but I don't know for sure.
Image

Image
Image
silvertonebetty
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Sanna wrote:
silvertonebetty wrote:So I got this plant a while back I think it's called a pilea peperomioides...
Hi and welcome to Growerflow! I think you might be our first Canadian user. :) 
I mostly grow vegetables aswell, but I do actually have one of these plants. I'm from Sweden and the name translates to "Elephant Ear" in our language. I got it from a friend and I know that she has new baby plants popping up in her pots all the time. I've not had that yet (think that my plant still might be to small..?) I don't know about flowering. My plant has yellow/white spots, do you know why that is? I figure that it might be due to too much light or maybe overwatering but I don't know for sure.
Image

Image
Image
Some plants have different sexes male and female. I'm. O expert but I'm guessing yours could be male or not mature enough. The yellowing could be from over watering or two much light . The white spots is just minerals despite I'm told on line. You can wipe it clean with soapy water I was also told.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silvertonebetty
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:41 pm

And they don't like direct sunlight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sanna
Site Admin
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:57 am

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:02 pm

silvertonebetty wrote:And they don't like direct sunlight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I have moved it to a different window that does not have as much sunlight. :-)
silvertonebetty
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Sanna wrote:
silvertonebetty wrote:And they don't like direct sunlight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I have moved it to a different window that does not have as much sunlight. :-)
Mine had the opposite problem not enough sun Image
I took two stems off because they were going yellow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LittleChili
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Re: Hi new from Canada lol

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:33 am

Hello! Welcome to our little forum. :-)
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “House Plants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests