Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Hi I'm Ash and it's gardening time!

New member introduction ✨ Say Hello and introduce yourself.
bluebutterfly123

Hi I'm Ash and it's gardening time!

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi guys, I'm Ash.. We have just started our Canadian spring time here.. It snowed yesterday and it's raining today 
I decided this yr to start my seeds earlier this year.. I tried growing them by my big balcony windows (south facing) but there isn't much light.. My indoor lighting stinks for plants.. And the sun isn't around much yet.. So what I ended up with are long stemmed seedlings (too weak to keep I think) Image
So now is the time to build my temporary indoor greenhouse.. I post what I've done with it so far in another post..
Looking forward to chatting with you all, take care and my your gardens be bountiful Image Image Image

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Hi I'm Ash and it's gardening time!

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:07 am

bluebutterfly123 wrote:Hi guys,  I'm Ash.. We have just started our Canadian spring time here.. It snowed yesterday  and it's raining today 
I decided this yr to start my seeds earlier this year.. I tried growing them by my big balcony windows (south facing) but there isn't much light.. My indoor lighting stinks for plants.. And the sun isn't around  much yet.. So what I ended up with are long stemmed seedlings (too weak to keep I think) Image
So now is the time to build my temporary indoor greenhouse.. I post what I've done with it so far in another post..
Looking forward to chatting with you all, take care and my your gardens be bountiful Image Image Image

Hi Ash! 
Very welcome to our little community! I can totally relate to that snowy-rainy-snowy-rainy early spring, so there is probably a lot of experiences for us to share! I've recently been building a Grow Light station in my basement, and are also doing a lot of outdoor Winter Sowings that fits a climate like this.. Looking forward to share and discuss with you and will check out your other posts right away.
Sanna
Ava R.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Welcome Ash! Im sure you will figure things out soon. In the meanwhile come and post in our forum, welcome to the group!
Ava R.
bluebutterfly123

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Thanks ava.. The weather is nice today.. So I'm thinking of starting some seeds in the back garden today.. maybe tarping it after so it stays safe from frost.. I just finished raking it.. And it's very workable.. So hopefully the seeds will do ok..
I did see some spinach (I think) from last year growing green.. So I guess the seeds should be ok..