Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Here's my temporary polytunnel

Greenhousers and polytunnelers are sharing. 💕 The rest of us are following and dreaming! ☀️
bluebutterfly123

Here's my temporary polytunnel

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:15 pm

So we finally finished installing our polysheet tunnel greenhouse yesterday.. It was a very windy day.. So we tested it against the wind for sure! Lol.. I don't think it'll hold for heavy rain though.. So hoping we don't get any time soon.. I added the plants in this morning.. And we see how it goes..

My husband keeps telling me racoons are going to shred it.. .. Lol.. And we a squirrel on the neighbour's fence this morning and he goes "see I told you animals will rip it!" lol.. Him Being him, says to me " don't worry, leave it I'll buy u a better one, that animals won't eat."
A) I had fun building it with my kids
B) animals (hopefully) won't be shredding it
C) I think the day HE gets around to actually buying it for me, i'll be to old to be gardening
D) I've been telling him before building it that I wanted one.. And he kept telling there's no use for it.. Totally lacks vision.. Lol.. But now that he sees it there and what it's being used for.. Now he'll buy me one men are very strange indeed! LolImageImage

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Here's my temporary polytunnel

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Looking good! I wish I had a tunnel like that! We had strong winds this week and even a few of my glass window frames blew over and broke. Hope that you have better luck with the tunnel!
bluebutterfly123

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:44 pm

For 2 days now we were dealing with very strong winds and thunderstorms! We had winds up to 80 km per hr..and can u tell me how surprised I am that it's still standing.. Lol.. Especially since we used zip ties to secure it.. I wanted some I could easily take apart in a few weeks time.. So this was it.. And it's holding wonderfully

Silly Lily

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Cool! Maybe I should try something likely that's as well! Would love a greenhouse but I don't have enough space..

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
Green_Eagle
bluebutterfly123

Re: RE: Re: Here's my temporary polytunnel

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Silly Lily wrote:Cool! Maybe I should try something likely that's as well! Would love a greenhouse but I don't have enough space..

Definitely try it, if you want a longer growing season... The frame was made out of conduct pipe (grey flexible pipe) costing me $5x4..less than a $2 for 2 joint pcs.. And I went to the dollar store and grabbed mattress cover plastic for the sides $3x2 and zip ties $2pk...also the top was a plastic drop sheet I got from home depot for $15 I think it was...oh and 2 pvc pipes 2" for $10 and duct tape..
So wasn't expensive either... Especially for the size...
If size is an issue for you.. U can use just 2 of the pipes and that will work great..

Silly Lily

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:26 pm

bluebutterfly123 wrote:
Silly Lily wrote:Cool! Maybe I should try something likely that's as well! Would love a greenhouse but I don't have enough space..

Definitely try it, if you want a longer growing season... The frame was made out of conduct pipe (grey flexible pipe) costing me $5x4..less than a $2 for 2 joint pcs.. And I went to the dollar store and grabbed mattress cover plastic for the sides $3x2 and zip ties $2pk...also the top was a plastic drop sheet I got from home depot for $15 I think it was...oh and 2 pvc pipes 2" for $10 and duct tape..
So wasn't expensive either... Especially for the size...
If size is an issue for you.. U can use just 2 of the pipes and that will work great..

Thank you, great tips! :)

Green_Eagle
bluebutterfly123

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Update on the polytunnel greenhouse :
Omg! Is it hot in there! It's a breezy, sunny 15 celcius here today.. But inside my polytunnel it feels like a hot summer day can I just move in there until summer actually comes?
Here's how everything is looking almost week after the polytunnel was made..

This weekend I'm hopefully getting my other raised beds made by hubby dear.. If it doesn't rain (which they say it will).. Once those are ready I will maybe start transplanting some of these plants into the beds .. Because they are getting too big ImageImageImageImage