Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

My kitchen garden 2017

We love to garden in Raised Beds. If you do too 👉 This is the section for you! 👌
bluebutterfly123

Re: My kitchen garden 2017

Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 pm

Sorry my bad.. This post does list all the vegetables I'm growing this yr in the back.. Scroll up a few replies and you'll get the info on it..

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Mon May 29, 2017 10:30 pm

That's alright, I am scrolling up now!

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Mon May 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Hello Friend, My oldest is 21 and my youngest is 11! I see that you love roses as well as I do. We will be going to Lowes this weekend to get more. (maybe the whole garden center)!! I have all of my Roses planted on the side of my home opposite the kitchen. The sun is over there during the day and on the kitchen side in the evening. Your thought og planting your roses along the pie sounds beautiful. I think that we have the same taste in flowers! I pretty much have the same going on here! I have been keeping an eye on my hibiscus. The leaves are turning yellow. :(. Are yours doing that? I have been looking all over for jasmine and cannot find it! Lowes and Walmart don't have it. I want to plant it all around my home as it smells sooooooo good! I have not tried home Depot but I will. Do you grow morning glories? Or jasmine? Oh, I was meaning to ask you, do you know about Garden Tags? If you have the Google play store, you can look up Garden Tags and install it. It's FREE and AWESOME!!!! I am on there and it is a gardening community. I LOVE it and would love to see you there! Well, I am going out to water all my babies so I will talk to you soon!

bluebutterfly123

Mon May 29, 2017 11:47 pm

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:Hello Friend, My oldest is 21 and my youngest is 11! I see that you love roses as well as I do. We will be going to Lowes this weekend to get more. (maybe the whole garden center)!! I have all of my Roses planted on the side of my home opposite the kitchen. The sun is over there during the day and on the kitchen side in the evening. Your thought og planting your roses along the pie sounds beautiful. I think that we have the same taste in flowers! I pretty much have the same going on here! I have been keeping an eye on my hibiscus. The leaves are turning yellow. :(. Are yours doing that? I have been looking all over for jasmine and cannot find it! Lowes and Walmart don't have it. I want to plant it all around my home as it smells sooooooo good! I have not tried home Depot but I will. Do you grow morning glories? Or jasmine? Oh, I was meaning to ask you, do you know about Garden Tags? If you have the Google play store, you can look up Garden Tags and install it. It's FREE and AWESOME!!!! I am on there and it is a gardening community. I LOVE it and would love to see you there! Well, I am going out to water all my babies so I will talk to you soon!

Will definitely look into that app, thanks! Jasmine is a beautiful plant..you would have better luck at the pop up garden centers that are everywhere at this time of yr.. If you find one in the big box stores.. They usually don't have the best of care given.. And the price is much higher (well over here it is)..
I had a few over the yrs.. But every time I go overseas, my husband kills all my indoor plants.. Image Image I know he doesn't remember to water them.. And the day before I get back he over waters them, to show he's been watering them.. LolImage Image .. So I try (very hard to do lol) not to get indoor plants..
Hibiscus should be ok now.. I keep mine outdoors, so I don't think its the cold... Maybe it's being over watered? Or needs transplanting?
Well time to get dinner ready, and look for that appImage chat with you later, take care!

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 12:24 am

Hello Friend, I have great advice for you! Don't go overseas!!!! lol. I give my husband a honey-do-list and going into my garden is NOT one of them!!!! I have my hibiscus in the ground and I water when the are dry 1in below the surface. If I keep seeing the yellow leaves, I guess I will have to move them maybe in an area where it is not so hot. Thankyou for the advice on the jasmine. I will look into those places to see what I can find. Well I had better let you get dinner on the table. Let me know when you get Garden Tags. Talk later! Ps... My username on Garden Tags is: MamasGarden4

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 12:46 am

I am trying to search for you on Garden Tags and I cannot find you! Did you find me?

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 12:47 am

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:I am trying to search for you on Garden Tags and I cannot find you! Did you find me?

Yes I just added you.. And commented on your lovely flowers lol

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 12:50 am

Woohoo!!!! I added you back and I am looking at your plants as we speak!

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:23 pm

So everything is finally picking back up... Weather is staying around the +20s now..

Update: I've added cantaloupe plants to bed #3.. I'm hoping if it grows well I'll train it over the lawn to the right of the bed.. slowly I shall take over all the yard with my edibles.. Just don't tell my husband, who thought only 3 Beds were good enough.... Muhahahaha!! (yes I did an evil villan laugh.. Lol)

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Hahahaha!!!! I promise I will not tell! And NO 3 beds are not enough!

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Here's a visual update on the Beds, all in order, starting at the top left bring bed #1.. Some places look a little bare.. But there are small seedlings there.. That are picking up.. Soon it'll all look as green as bed #1.. Lol..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:Hahahaha!!!! I promise I will not tell! And NO 3 beds are not enough!

Lol.. I just realized even 8 aren't enoughImage Image Image Image .. I ended up using 2 of my flower crates for peppers.. Which I'm not happy withImage .. I will have to move them somewhere.. Just waiting to see if some plants don't make it..or maybe pot them, or give some away..

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 1:34 pm

Very, very nice! What are your plans for the day?

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

I agree with you totally! I have plenty of room in my garden for the peppers haha! Do you can any of your produce? I do a lot of canning. Love it!

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Lol.. I've already been out in gardens.. Early this morning, as soon as I kicked the kids outta the house (school) .. Caught 2 caterpillars in my spinach (you bet, the early bird gets the worm) lol.. And now I have to think where I can plant the new batch of flowers I bought yesterday .. I also have another rose bush.. And think I should start the boarder around my front with it.. Can't think of another place for it..

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:39 pm

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:Very, very nice! What are your plans for the day?

How about you? What are your plans?

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:43 pm

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:I agree with you totally! I have plenty of room in my garden for the peppers haha! Do you can any of your produce? I do a lot of canning. Love it!

No I actually just put them into baggies and freeze them.. I still use some from last yr.. Lol.. And that was only a few plants..from which I gave family and neighbours to as well.. Lol

Hey, if you're nearby then I definitely will give you some!

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Well, I want to go out and get my hibiscus in the ground for one thing. #2 go through my garden to see what's ready for pick'in. I am going to be canning pickles soon but not soon enough for my daughter who is going to turn into a pickle! lol! I am going to string some more tin pie pans up to keep the critters out of my gardens! And whatever else my little heart desides to tackle today!

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Well that idea just flew out the window 'cause I do not think that I am near you! Where are you?

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 1:58 pm

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:Well that idea just flew out the window 'cause I do not think that I am near you! Where are you?

Lol I'm in Ontario, Canada.. And if you're already thinking of pickeling things.. You're no where near me.. Image Image Image my plants are probably not even 5" long yet.. Lol

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Hahaha!! You got to excuse me, I just replied to your question on my impatiens and I am laughing so hard over that! Like Dorothy says, I am not in Kansas anymore, I got to say, I am not in Canada! I am an Okie! Yep, I live in Oklahoma! So the peppers will have to make different travel plans!

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 2:17 pm

HealthyGardenMamaOf4 wrote:Hahaha!! You got to excuse me, I just replied to your question on my impatiens and I am laughing so hard over that! Like Dorothy says, I am not in Kansas anymore, I got to say, I am not in Canada! I am an Okie! Yep, I live in Oklahoma! So the peppers will have to make different travel plans!

Image Image I couldn't help it! Image Image but I know the feeling.. I think I went out like 3 times today and it's only 10am here.. Just to take pics.. Lol

Awwh too bad you're so far awayImage it would have been wonderful meeting you.. We could of had some garden tea parties together... Lol

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 2:29 pm

I think it is a mom thing! Before we have children, are minds are intact. Then we have our children and our minds are so filled with all this stuff and we find that we cannot remember everything like we used to. Yep, it's a mom thing for sure! Well I guess I will have to figure out how to get Oklahoma and Canada closer together on the map! I can do this! Another project for another day! It would have been AWESOME to meet you too! Garden tea parties you say? I just have to fix the map thing! What is your favorite kind of tea?

bluebutterfly123

Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Sorry was out.. Can you guess where?lol..i just potted some of the flowers.. You might find it interesting..
I'll get the scissors and you get the glue.. I'm sure we can fix that map in no time
I like the regular ol' tetley tea.. Although I do sometimes enjoy the peach flavored one they make, how about you?

HealthyGardenMamaOf4

Tue May 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Hmm let me guess, you were in the garden of course! I got the glue and an extra pare of shears just in case you leave yours in the garden! I have also got some duct tape!! Now that will fix that map! I pretty much like all tea. I like the Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea's.