Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Coffee Tree

Not sure where to start your topic? 👉 Start it here!
Espadas

Coffee Tree

Sun May 14, 2017 8:11 pm

I just found this baby coffee tree at the nursery that's severely dehydrated. There are too others there that are worse (their leaves are dried out), but the lady gave it to me for less than $1.50, so I thought I would see what I could make of it. Any advice on growing coffee??Image

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Coffee Tree

Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Espadas wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:11 pm
I just found this baby coffee tree at the nursery that's severely dehydrated. There are too others there that are worse (their leaves are dried out), but the lady gave it to me for less than $1.50, so I thought I would see what I could make of it. Any advice on growing coffee??Image

How is the Coffee Tree growing? I've never tried growing coffee. Will you get coffee beans out of it?
Espadas

Coffee Tree

Sat May 20, 2017 5:42 pm

It's doing great!! It looks a lot better than it did when I bought it. I tied a couple of stems that were broken to small wooden sticks, and those are the only two I'm worried about. There are about eight stems total, so I could possibly have multiple trees make it out of this tiny pot.

From what I've researched, it takes about 3-4 years for them to begin producing, so I will eventually have coffee cherries (beans inside of them) as long as I don't kill the plant!!Image

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Coffee Tree

Mon May 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Espadas wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:42 pm
It's doing great!! It looks a lot better than it did when I bought it. I tied a couple of stems that were broken to small wooden sticks, and those are the only two I'm worried about. There are about eight stems total, so I could possibly have multiple trees make it out of this tiny pot.

From what I've researched, it takes about 3-4 years for them to begin producing, so I will eventually have coffee cherries (beans inside of them) as long as I don't kill the plant!!Image

Nice! It looks very happy with you taking care of it! :-)

Return to “General sharings”