Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Strawberry Tower

Garden Planning, Crop Rotation and nice Garden Layouts. 📚 Share your ideas and plans here.
Espadas

Strawberry Tower

Wed May 24, 2017 2:30 am

I just finished building this!! I put some transplants in the top, then some bare root strawberries on the sides. I also have another strawberry plant in a raised bed that I'll use to get runners and plant those in the tower. Image

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Strawberry Tower

Thu May 25, 2017 7:40 am

Oh wow! I love that idea! Looking forward to se how it grows! Is that a watering pipe on the top?

Espadas

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:04 am

I have a PVC pipe going down both sides. I'll post updated pictures soon. I actually took this apart and made it into two smaller towers. It's much easier to care for the plants at the top that way. I have bare root strawberries planted in the sides, but none of them have come out of dormancy yet.

Sanna
Site Admin

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Espadas wrote:
I have a PVC pipe going down both sides. I'll post updated pictures soon. I actually took this apart and made it into two smaller towers. It's much easier to care for the plants at the top that way. I have bare root strawberries planted in the sides, but none of them have come out of dormancy yet.

I have my strawberries in a regular Raised Bed, but I'm not a 100% satisfied with that. It makes a good slug hideout, and the slugs also munch on my strawberries. I'm thinking about doing some kind of vertical solution for next season, but not sure what type yet.
Espadas

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:03 am

Sanna wrote:
Espadas wrote:

I have my strawberries in a regular Raised Bed, but I'm not a 100% satisfied with that. It makes a good slug hideout, and the slugs also munch on my strawberries. I'm thinking about doing some kind of vertical solution for next season, but not sure what type yet.

I really like this, but I wouldn't use bare root strawberries. Mine are still in dormancy. Not sure if they're going to come out of it...

Espadas

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Here's the current setup after I divided up my large tower into two smaller towers.

Israfilhaque1230

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:43 pm

I have a PVC pipe going down the two sides. I'll post refreshed pictures soon. I really dismantled this and made it into two littler towers. It's considerably less demanding to administer to the plants at the best that way. I have uncovered root strawberries planted in the sides, yet none of them have left torpidity yet.

Return to “Garden Layouts and Plans”