Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Hi all

New member introduction ✨ Say Hello and introduce yourself.
criz0712

Hi all

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57 am

Hey everyone checking in from south Philadelphia just wanted to see what goes on here in this forum maybe find some advice for my sad sad heirloom tomatoes and show off my other beauts Image! So hi here's a pic of my babies.Image Image the second picture are my sad heirlooms, black krim to be exact. I had them in the topsy turvey expecting great things but alas the topsy turvey was just killing them. The soil for both the black krim "in the pot" and the San Marzano "still in topsy turvey" are 40/60 sand and fertilizer.
Last edited by criz0712 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluebutterfly123

Re: Hi all

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi and welcome I think I have that variety tomato in my garden as well..(one of the few I didn't start from seed) Hopefully yours should pick up in the new pot, in no time.. Maybe the bags needed more light? Seems like they're in a shady spot there.. I've always wanted to try them.. But haven't as of yet.. Wonder if they grow peppers too?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

criz0712

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:59 pm

I think they do grow peppers too and also strawberries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sanna
Site Admin

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 am

Hi and welcome to our little community!

I also think that they will catch up. It looks like the new shoots in the middle are slightly greener and better looking?

I have never tried the topsy turvys. I have been growing tomatoes upside down, but in regular buckets with a drilled hole in the bottom. I found bushy tomato varieties to grow slightly better than the others upside down. 🌱 Not doing it this year though.

Keep us posted on how this plant catches up.
FlatFarmer

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Hello! Welcome!

Fun to grow upside down! I have never seen grow bags like that before. Good luck!

Skickat från min iPhone med Growerflow
criz0712

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:33 pm

So guys a month later and my heirlooms have caught up they are starting to flower and I can't wait for the fruit. Everything in the garden is doing so well. This is the first year that I have started all from seeds it's so much more satisfying seeing it all in full bloom. I had my first grape tomatoes in a salad the other night the sugar snaps are dead and gone we went to the beach for a week and my brother in law was in charge of watering... that clearly wasn't a priority for him but the snaps dying off left more room for the cantaloupe that is booming right now. My biggest problem at the moment is that my San marzanos are full of end rot . Any one have any suggestions on the calcium product I should use for this? Spent an hour at lowes staring at all the different products they have and still left empty handed.

John

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:42 am

End rot is usually caused by uneven watering

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
criz0712

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:07 am

Thank you that makes a lot of sense actually the San marzanos are in the stupid topsy turvey that thing never gets even water

criz0712

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 pm

ImageImageImageImage. Here's how the urban garden is looking! First cantaloupe forming!!!
Israfilhaque1230

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:53 pm

:D Hi and welcome I think I have that assortment tomato in my garden as well..(one of the few I didn't begin from seed) Hopefully yours should get in the new pot, quickly.. Possibly the sacks required all the more light? Appears as though they're in a shady spot there.. I've for a long while been itching to attempt them.. In any case, haven't starting at yet.. Think about whether they develop peppers as well? :)
criz0712

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:21 am

Israfilhaque1230 wrote::D Hi and welcome I think I have that assortment tomato in my garden as well..(one of the few I didn't begin from seed) Hopefully yours should get in the new pot, quickly.. Possibly the sacks required all the more light? Appears as though they're in a shady spot there.. I've for a long while been itching to attempt them.. In any case, haven't starting at yet.. Think about whether they develop peppers as well? :)
The black Krim did make the transformation to a new pot very well. However, I didn’t realize that they were paste tomatoes until I took a big bite out of one and was a little disappointed Image. I will definitely be looking for a new species this year for slicing tomatoes if you have any suggestions. The bags are kind of a bunch of hoopla it’s weird because I thought my San marzanos weren’t growing and the whole time they were growing inside the bag!! You can in fact use the bags for peppers and strawberries as well I think I might stick a couple strawberries in them next year! Thank you for the welcome! Where are you growing from??
Keva

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:39 am

criz0712 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 pm
ImageImageImageImage. Here's how the urban garden is looking! First cantaloupe forming!!!
Hey, this is a very useful thing for flowers!!) Coll I need to try definitely )!

Return to “Say hi”