Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Broccoli

👉 hangout for all other veggies. What do you grow and how do you grow them? 🥕
bluebutterfly123

Broccoli

Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:22 am

Is this what it's supposed to look like? My first yr growing itImage

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Broccoli

Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 am

It looks good! Wait until a nice broccoli head has formed. After you've harvested the large broccoli head in the middle, the plants will start to produce several small shoots all over the plants. You can also harvest and eat them.
bluebutterfly123

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Sanna wrote:It looks good! Wait until a nice broccoli head has formed. After you've harvested the large broccoli head in the middle, the plants will start to produce several small shoots all over the plants. You can also harvest and eat them.
I'm still not sure this is broccoli.. It got taller and the yellow flowers are opening on it.. Not looking like broccoli to me. So confused! Image

Espadas

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:21 pm

bluebutterfly123 wrote:
Sanna wrote:It looks good! Wait until a nice broccoli head has formed. After you've harvested the large broccoli head in the middle, the plants will start to produce several small shoots all over the plants. You can also harvest and eat them.
I'm still not sure this is broccoli.. It got taller and the yellow flowers are opening on it.. Not looking like broccoli to me. So confused! Image

Broccoli is a flower that is harvested before bloom. They will turn into yellow flowers if you don't harvest them before they get to that point. I would cut the blooming flowers and see what happens.

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Return to “Growing Other Vegetables”