Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Pepper problems!

👉 hangout for all other veggies. What do you grow and how do you grow them? 🥕
Alaura02

Pepper problems!

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 pm

I am not quite sure what is happening with my Anaheim pepper plant... It was doing great once it had adjusted to the green house climate up until Thursday when it had began to "wilt".
I have had a good streak with growing peppers this year except for this single plant! Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks, Alaura

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Pepper problems!

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 pm

Looks like it's been drying up and now are coming back? It looks like it is growing new leaves close to the stem. I would give it a good watering, and hope that it would recover.
Alaura02

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 am

Sanna wrote:Looks like it's been drying up and now are coming back? It looks like it is growing new leaves close to the stem. I would give it a good watering, and hope that it would recover.
Thank you! I watered it well today and hoping for the best :)

els903

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi there, was your pepper always in the greenhouse or did you move it in recently? It may be in shock if you recently moved it. In the past I have cut the big lower leaves in half to help channel some energy back to the root system when I accidently shocked them and this helped a lot. Keep posting updates. Would like to see if your baby makes it!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alaura02

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 am

els903 wrote:Hi there, was your pepper always in the greenhouse or did you move it in recently? It may be in shock if you recently moved it. In the past I have cut the big lower leaves in half to help channel some energy back to the root system when I accidently shocked them and this helped a lot. Keep posting updates. Would like to see if your baby makes it!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I transplanted the plant about 3 weeks ago... I expected shock because I didn't grow the seeds in the same green house. After a week or so it snapped back but began to wilt away. I am sadly pretty sure it will not make it but luckily I still have a bell pepper plant that is growing strong Image

Return to “Growing Other Vegetables”