Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Drip irrigation insanity

Garden Planning, Crop Rotation and nice Garden Layouts. 📚 Share your ideas and plans here.
Northerner

Drip irrigation insanity

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:57 pm

So I'm trying to design a irrigation system for my garden thi spring. My garden will be 25' x 10'= 250 sqr ft. I would like to stick to soaker hoses. I get 500gph from the spigot. Ive read so much about designing that it seems that most websites contradict each other. right when I think I have it figured out another variable is thrown out there. My plan was to use 1/2" tubing, then a website said to use 3/4". One site said it would be fine to run everything on 1 zone but another said 2 zones would be best too reach the furthest point of the garden. So my question is what size would be best to use as my main line? And should I split my garden into 2 zones?

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Drip irrigation insanity

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 pm

I have two zones fed from the same spigot:

1.) 100 m drip hose (about 330 ft) and I believe it's 1/2". It's the type that you can use both below and above ground. This zone is connected to a watering timer/computer.

2.) Greenhouse watering system (another type of drip watering). And a separate hose for hand watering connected here aswell.

This setup is working perfectly for me. Added the second zone last season.

Return to “Garden Layouts and Plans”