Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

New to Growing Tomatoes

🍅 We love to grow Tomatoes! Outdoors, indoors, in containers, upside down 🙃 and any other way.
mikevoth

New to Growing Tomatoes

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:48 am

Hi all! I'm concerned that something isn't quite right with my Juliet variety. It has tons of blooms and 50+ tomatoes growing, but the leaves have curled and I continue to cut off branches that brown and yellow almost daily. I have used fungicide from the beginning and fertilize as directed. Just concerned I'm losing my canopy and shade for the fruit. It doesn't seem to be growing any taller, as an indeterminate plant should. Does anyone have an opinion after looking at my photo?
IMG_2371.jpg

sixfeetallman

Re: New to Growing Tomatoes

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I don’t think tomatoes like to be grown in containers. I think that’s why you have brown spots on the leaves....
joshuazone9b

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm

I have tomatoes (2) in containers. With a little help from liquid copper and cold pressed neem oil they do great. Of course good pruning as trimming is needed.
mikevoth

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:16 pm

What does the copper and oil do? My plant is still producing and is about 5 ft tall, but there are hardly any leaves on it. And the ones that are there are so small. They usually yellow and die within weeks of developing. Tomatoes are still delicious though!