Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Need chilli help!!

Oh yeah! Hangout for Chilli Lovers! 🌶 Beginners and pros in a lovely mix!
iDan

Need chilli help!!

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:15 pm

So my chilli plants are in one of those 3 tier little green house things in the conservatory, came home today and the poor things have cooked! Thermometers max was 54 degrees!
I took them outside straight away and misted them with water but only one has perked up, the rest have all curled up and gone very floppy.
Will they recover or is there anything I can do!!

iDan

Re: Need chilli help!!

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:28 am

LittleChili

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Oh no! What a bad surprise! However I think that they will recover and be ok in the long run. I would say to stabilize the temperature (not to go for a to cold environment, but for a 'normal' temperature for Chilli plants). Make sure to give them enough water, but careful not to overwater. Rather give them water often as they need it for recovery. Give it a few days. When you see which leaves that are not recovering, cut them of to give the Plant power to grow new leaves. I also should say that I have no personal experience in overheated Chilli Plants, but this is what my instinct tells me to do.. How has the plants developed during the day? Looking better or worse than this morning?
iDan

Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:07 pm

LittleChili wrote:Oh no! What a bad surprise! However I think that they will recover and be ok in the long run. I would say to stabilize the temperature (not to go for a to cold environment, but for a 'normal' temperature for Chilli plants). Make sure to give them enough water, but careful not to overwater. Rather give them water often as they need it for recovery. Give it a few days. When you see which leaves that are not recovering, cut them of to give the Plant power to grow new leaves. I also should say that I have no personal experience in overheated Chilli Plants, but this is what my instinct tells me to do.. How has the plants developed during the day? Looking better or worse than this morning?

Cut the bad leaves and has continued to grow. This choc hab is a very slow grower! And I have a few others that seem to get to a certain high and refuse to grow.

As for the other plants damaged by the heat they are growing well. Some leaves have dead spots on them but seem healthy.

I have chillies coming thought on the orange jalapeño and both apaches.
iDan

Wed May 25, 2016 9:49 pm

All back to good health!!
FlatFarmer

Sun May 29, 2016 7:15 pm

That looks very good! I had a plant that was overheated and made a magic recovery a few weeks ago. Good thing for beginners like me that the plants are a bit forgiving. :-)
Ava R.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Do Jalapeños grow faster than Serrano chilies?
Ava R.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:59 pm

But remember to keep some leaves for photosynthesis. If they dont have any it will have a hard time surviving. Look up Khang Starr if that helps!

Posted with Growerflow mobile app

Return to “Growing Chilli”