Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Amazing gardening center visit. "Flower World"

This is the board for general garden updates and any other sharings.
heatherdarko

Amazing gardening center visit. "Flower World"

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Wonderful trip this weekend to one of the biggest gardening centers I have ever been to. I tried to take a few pictures to share the experience.

I could spend hours in this place. They even had mailboxes all over containing maps to the areas you were in.

My mother and father in law have been coming here since it was just a few greenhouses and one main home and shop. Incredible how much it has grown in only 15-20 years!

For reference the location of this beautiful place is in Snohomish, WA USA

http://flowerworldusa.com

I didn't manage to make it to every area as you really need about 3-4 hours to do so and I only had an hour this past weekend.

I did pick up some lettuce, tomato and stevia starts plus some lemon cucumber seeds. Image

Enjoy the following eye candy!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sanna
Site Admin

Re: Amazing gardening center visit.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Loads of inspiration in those pictures! Thank you for sharing that! Reminds me that I should try to move my Malabar Spinach outdoor soon, so it can start climbing the Pergola! :) 

And I' curious.. what is Lemon Cucumber? Sounds very interesting and I have never tried it.
LittleChili

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Great inspo! Really like the miniature Terracotta Army statues. Went to see the full exhibition once and it's amazing. Would be funny to have one of those in my Chilli jungle.  8-)
heatherdarko

Re: Amazing gardening center visit. "Flower World"

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 am

Sanna wrote:Loads of inspiration in those pictures! Thank you for sharing that! Reminds me that I should try to move my Malabar Spinach outdoor soon, so it can start climbing the Pergola! :) 

And I' curious.. what is Lemon Cucumber? Sounds very interesting and I have never tried it.
It was a great visit. I definitely plan to return again soon when I have more time.

Lemon cucumbers are kinda exactly what they sound like (I think Image)

I've never tried them but I read they taste like light cucumber flavor but look like lemons. Image

Here are pictures of the seed packet. I'll start a thread when I plant them and record their progress over the season.

I also got a stevia plant for using in teas and smoothies. I thought that would make a good thread too. ImageImage
Sanna
Site Admin

Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:39 pm

Exciting! I'm looking forward to follow both posts! 
Ava R.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Cool! Cant wait to see it.