Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Transplanting Beetroot Seedlings to my Cold Frame

👉 hangout for all other veggies. What do you grow and how do you grow them? 🥕
Sanna
Site Admin

Transplanting Beetroot Seedlings to my Cold Frame

Mon May 09, 2016 7:00 pm

I Started Beetroot Seeds indoors this year, and moved the small pots to the Cold Frame a few weeks ago. It's hard to keep up with watering as long as they are still in pots, so I decided to transplant them properly today. The seedlings are a bit to thin for my taste, but I think that they will catch up.

I planted the Beetroot seedlings in a 'Square Foot Gardening' way, giving 9 plants an area of about 30x30 centimeters. As you can see in the background i have Radish and Rocket Salad coming in similar 'Square Foot areas' in the same Cold Frame (and also Carrots, Spinach and Salad but they are outside the pictures. ;)

Seedlings in their small pots:

Looking a bit thin and tired (thirsty):

30x30 cm 'Square foot' area:

Seedlings in the ground:

heatherdarko

Re: Transplanting Beetroot Seedlings to my Cold Frame

Wed May 18, 2016 11:58 pm

I'm sure those are going to perk right up.

It's so funny. Being my first year everything is new. But I'm continually being surprised at tiny sad little things I put in the ground getting huge and amazing by just the power of the sun and water. And a little love of course [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sanna
Site Admin

Sun May 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Came back from a small weekend trip and found that someone/something has been digging around in my little Beetroot rescue cold frame! So sad to see all of the Beetroots destroyed. Will make sure to start some new from seeds during this week..
heatherdarko

Mon May 23, 2016 2:53 am

Oh no! So sorry Sanna!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sanna
Site Admin

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

The few Betroots that managed to stay out of the way from the Evil Rabbit are starting to look good. There will be a few to harvest soon! :-)

Return to “Growing Other Vegetables”