Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Understanding my greenhouse

Do you have a random question? 👉 Ask it here.
Want to make someone happy? Follow this section and help out when you can. 💕
Homegrownmom

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi all!

I have 3, 3ft X 8ft raised beds outside and a metal framed greenhouse that I bought second hand and the plastic was ripped so I rewrapped it. In the summer the greenhouse gets crazy hot, but in the winter, the soil in there (i have 3 raised beds in there) freezes. What can I grow in there? I live in the North East USA and it can get pretty cold during winter. Any ideas? Last yr was the first yr I had it and I threw in a few randoms to see how they would do. I planted a couple tomatoes, peppers, onions and beets and they all died. :(

Johnatlemaine

Re: Understanding my greenhouse

Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Try to find out when your last frost is and plant tomatoes around that time.
Planting too early is fatal
I keep my greenhouse door open when it is really hot and you might be advised to cover it with shade netting.

Keep trying, it's worth it.
Homegrownmom

Re: Understanding my greenhouse

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Thank you!
Kamsare

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:15 pm

OH is trying to grow winter cucumbers in our greenhouse, which has a thermostatically controlled heater. This is an experiment. Otherwise, everything is snugly overwintered in there, fuscias, carnations, chrysanths, and all his many cuttings.

If you liked this article and also you desire to get guidance about Does a garage conversion add value to a house or What is included in square footage generously stop by our own internet site

Return to “Gardening questions”