Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

What did you do to your garden today?

Not sure where to start your topic? 👉 Start it here!
Ava R.

Re: What did you do to your garden today?

Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:51 am

Im going to hybridize more roses, propagate lavender, and plant maybe... Im going to the beach so I might bring back some plants from there.

Sanna
Site Admin

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Ava R. wrote:Im going to hybridize more roses, propagate lavender, and plant maybe... Im going to the beach so I might bring back some plants from there.
That sounds interesting. :) Looking forward to learn more about that!
Sanna
Site Admin

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:00 pm

So nice to see everything wakening up after winter sleep. Look at this beautiful Rhubarb. I've been doing a lot of posts from my new kitchen garden section, but today I gave some love to the old kitchen garden - saying hi to the rhubarbs and adding chicken manure to the asparagus plants.

What did you do to your garden this weekend?
bluebutterfly123

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm

We finished building the polytunnel greenhouse.. Transferred all my seedlings to there..
Planted some Dalias and clematis flowersImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
bluebutterfly123

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Made a terrarium Image

bluebutterfly123

Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 pm

And spied on my lettuce, spinach, mint and radishes lol, also admired the raspberry bush starting to grow it's leaves.. As well as the daffodils starting to bloom, spring is definitely here.. Just hope it stays here until summer comes ImageImageImageImageImage

Sanna
Site Admin

Wed May 10, 2017 4:18 pm

I've been out of town for a few days, but now I'm back! 🤗

Looks like the weather has been harder than expected. Suger Snap Peas are not doing too well, and the colder weather are making some of the spinach beds run for flowering.. Luckily I have a few grow beds that still look great.. like this filled with Spinach. I will go through the full garden tomorrow, and decide what to leave and what to clear out and/or start over.

bluebutterfly123

Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Ohh the spinach is looking really good! Mine only started sprouting (weather is finally getting warmer now)

For me I did some tidying up mostly today.. Planted my banana flower plants into the backyard. In between the rose of sharon plants.. Hopefully they'll make a nice wall, eventually, giving us some privacy there..
Added some plants into the front garden..and bought some flowering plants.. But not planting them yet, waiting on soil... And temps to pick up..

bluebutterfly123

Thu May 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Planted a new raspberry bush.. One wasn't enough.. Lol.. My 2 yr old son watches it like a hawk.. Keeps asking where the "strawberries" are..
Transferred the clematis plants to the front yard fence area.. Hopefully they'll grow quickly and make a nice wall of flowers there..
Waiting for the garden Soil to be delivered (hopefully today) so I can start filling in the garden boxes...

jenn.corleone

Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 pm

27ABF66D-EA5A-47F8-BF47-A68FDE77F255.jpg
I found wild blackberries in our new garden. I did my best to make them comfortable. I can't wait to see if we get berries this summer!

Posted with Growerflow mobile app
Sanna
Site Admin

Thu May 11, 2017 8:19 pm

jenn.corleone wrote:
27ABF66D-EA5A-47F8-BF47-A68FDE77F255.jpg
I found wild blackberries in our new garden. I did my best to make them comfortable. I can't wait to see if we get berries this summer!

They look great! I planted blackberries last year and it started to grow really fast. It stretched about 4 meters into our neighbour's garden and I had to pull it back and try to establish it in another direction!

Sanna
Site Admin

Sat May 13, 2017 8:04 am

Snow is gone and Tulips are looking good! Plenty to do in the garden this weekend. I love it! :)

bluebutterfly123

Sat May 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Beautiful tulips! What's that growing in between them? It's covering the ground are nicely..I planted some last yr in the fall.. I think I need to add more though... ImageImage

Sanna
Site Admin

Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm

bluebutterfly123 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 1:14 pm
Beautiful tulips! What's that growing in between them?

Between the red Tulips I have Columbine
Between the purple Tulips I have Cornflower

It's nice during this time of year, and also when the Columbine and Cornflower starts flowering. It's a bit empty in the autumn though.. I've been thinking about combining with something more to have something in here during autumn, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?
bluebutterfly123

Thu May 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Do you have something called a butterfly bush? I notice mine takes a good long time to start getting leaves on it.. So it will be more visible during the summer up until frost kicks in.. It has really nice purple flowers on it...

Sanna
Site Admin

Tue May 30, 2017 5:48 am

I’ve been focusing on my Wicking Bed area today. Moved some chilli plants to one of the Wicking Beds.

And checked on the chick peas and pak choi in another bed. Also started some spinach seeds and radish seeds between and around the chick peas and pak choi.

Also moved some of my Chilli Plants to this garden area. I’m focusing on early varieties outdoors since our season for chillies is a bit to cold and short. Here, mostly Jalapeños and Hungarian Hot Wax.

Purple flower on Purple Jalapeno:

Some plants have bulbs and flowers and some have quite big chillies already:

And checking on the Rhubarb plant that I’ve been splitting for a friend.

Raez

Tue May 30, 2017 9:08 am

Not so much going on in my garden today. I just planted a new cucumber in place of the one that died (I think a cat sat on it). Hopefully this little guy makes it. I've been pinching off tomato suckers, weeding my flowerbed, and adding a little dirt here and there :)

Here's a picture of rogue tomato seedlings, which I didn't realize where tomatoes at first. My husband chucked our old tomatoes in the compost last year and now they're growing everywhere!!!

Sanna
Site Admin

Tue May 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Raez wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 9:08 am
Not so much going on in my garden today. I just planted a new cucumber in place of the one that died (I think a cat sat on it). Hopefully this little guy makes it. I've been pinching off tomato suckers, weeding my flowerbed, and adding a little dirt here and there :)

Thanks for the reminder! :) I need to take some time and pinch tomato suckers too. I've also seen tomatoes growing in the compost. I guess it proves that winter sowing tomatoes might work (even though I did not succeed with that experiment this year..)
Alaura02

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:47 am

Today I harvested 5 of 6 massive sweet basil plants and hung them to dry in my makeshift drying racks outside, did some weeding, and put my chickens to work on the compost area.

Alaura02

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 am

Raez wrote:Not so much going on in my garden today. I just planted a new cucumber in place of the one that died (I think a cat sat on it). Hopefully this little guy makes it. I've been pinching off tomato suckers, weeding my flowerbed, and adding a little dirt here and there :)

Here's a picture of rogue tomato seedlings, which I didn't realize where tomatoes at first. My husband chucked our old tomatoes in the compost last year and now they're growing everywhere!!!

Ha I had feed corn growing in the garden earlier this year from after the chickens processed the compost that must of had left over scratch in it

Sanna
Site Admin

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Alaura02 wrote:
Today I harvested 5 of 6 massive sweet basil plants and hung them to dry in my makeshift drying racks outside, did some weeding, and put my chickens to work on the compost area.

Sounds great! How many chickens do you have? And what else do you grow in your garden?
Alaura02

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Sanna wrote:
Alaura02 wrote:

Sounds great! How many chickens do you have? And what else do you grow in your garden?
I have 7 hens and 1 rooster. In my main garden and herb that has been processed it has had melody spinach, carrots, salad mix lettuce, sweet corn, cucumbers, lots of green onions French lavender, basil, lemon thyme, thyme, yellow oregano, Italian oregano, beef tomato's... Most of the plants listed have been harvested and eaten but all of the herbs and some of the veggies are still there xD

Sanna
Site Admin

Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:06 pm

This is what happens when you invite me for dinner.. I bring some garden snacks!

Sanna
Site Admin

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Finally found the time to tap my elderflower lemonade! Marmelade from the left over lemons soaked in elderflower is a very nice bonus!

bluebutterfly123

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Sanna wrote:This is what happens when you invite me for dinner.. I bring some garden snacks!

So my carrots aren't the only ones growing weird.. Lol is that normal? I was definitely looking forward to seeing carrots like in the stores.. Lol