Psst.. while you're here.. Don't forget to check the Recent Topics or to make someone happy by answering any of the Unanswered Topics

Why do you love to grow your own food?

We're gardening nerds, sharing how to grow food! 🤓✊️🥕
Sanna
Site Admin

Why do you love to grow your own food?

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Here's a question to all of you..

Why do you love to garden and/or grow your own food? (Or if you're just starting.. why you're curious of gardening?)

I got into growing my own food a few years ago. I love that it's a good challenge to be self sufficient for as many months as possible in my (quite small) backyard. Gardening also makes me live with the seasons in a way that i love. It makes me see and appreciate so many moments in a regular day... and.. I love the way it all starts over and to spend hours indoors in the winter planning for the next season. 

Ava R.

Re: Why do you love to grow your own food?

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:06 pm

I love the atmosphere of growing food. I find it amazing that most of the things im growing dates back to when our grandfathers farmed. I love the feel of the soil, the fresh air, and just the plants. I always get up in the morning ready to go into my garden and work. It relieves stress and is very calming to me. 
Israfilhaque1230

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 pm

:D I love the atmosphere of growing food. I notice it wonderful that the majority of the items im growing dates back to once our grandfathers farmed. i really like the texture of the soil, the contemporary air, and simply the plants. I continually arise within the morning able to come in my garden and work. It relieves stress and is incredibly calming to Pine Tree State. :)
billyborden423

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

I liked to grow my own food. I worked 3-4 hours daily in the summer season to grow some vegetables in the garden. I also keep my garden soil fertile by putting some cow dung in the soil. These make the soil more fertile to grow the vegetables.